1 In 3 People “Owed” Tax Refund

There are 30 million taxpayers in the UK and, according to the latest research by tax refund company Refunds Direct, around 1 in 3 are owed a tax refund. Alarmingly, one of the most common payment mistake areas is income tax, where the average refund is over £800.

Why don’t you know about it? Many people believe the Government will refund overpaid tax. Sadly, this is not true and it is an individual’s responsibility to claim their tax back.

Income tax overpayment affects a lot of people. Thankfully, unlike the tax system itself, finding out if you’re due a refund is quite simple. Firstly, ask yourself if any of the following apply to you or to someone you know: have you worked for part of a tax year? Have you paid emergency tax for 3 months or more? Have you had numerous jobs or worked for through agencies? Have you had substantial gaps in your employment? Have you entered the UK to work or are leaving the UK? Are you a student who has a holiday job or placement?

If you can answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you may want to find out more – and now there is an easy way to do just that. Most of us find the tax system a bit daunting (8 out of 10 people admit to not understanding it), but help is at hand. With ‘no win, no fee’ services that takes all of the taxing work out of tax work, help is available.

Mike Oaten, from Refunds Direct, explains: “Up to 10 million people in the UK are potentially owed tax refunds. Many many millions of pounds in refunds goes unclaimed every year. Unless people act now it all stays in the taxman’s pocket.”

“Our goal is to make everyone in the country aware that they could get tax refunds and help them get their money back.”

You may be eligible if you…

* Worked for part of a tax year
* Paid emergency tax for 3 months or more
* Had numerous jobs for worked through agencies
* Had substantial gaps in your employment
* Entered or left the UK to work
* Are you a student who has worked holiday job or placement

You are unlikely to be eligible if you…

* Stopped work and then claimed Job Seekers Allowance? If so, any refund would have been repaid by the benefits office.
* Stopped work part way through a tax year because of maternity leave or retirement.

Source Links:


Related Articles:

Published at: Economic News Articleshttp://economicnewsarticles.org

Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.

Article Source

DISCLAIMER: All information, content, and data in this article are sole opinions and/or findings of the individual user or organization that registered and submitted this article at Economic News Articles without any fee. The article is strictly for educational or entertainment purposes only and should not be used in any way, implemented or applied without consultation from a professional. We at Economic News Articles do not, in anyway, contribute or include our own findings, facts and opinions in any articles presented in this site. Publishing this article does not constitute Economic News Articles's support or sponsorship for this article. Economic News Articles is an article publishing service. Please read our Terms of Service for more information.

Comments are closed

Disclosure: You should assume that the owner of this website is an affiliate for providers of goods and services mentioned on this website. The owner may be compensated when you purchase after clicking on a link. The owner may also have received the product for free. Perform due diligence before purchasing from this or any other website. Testimonials may or may not be accurate, and anything that looks like an endoresement should be regarded as nothing more than an advertisement.
%d bloggers like this: